Monday, June 21, 2010

Michigan

After all these years I finally made it to Shirl's. Gorgeous little farm somewhere outside Grand Ledge, Michigan.
The train trip here was painless and relatively short - only 5 hours or so. The Michigan countryside that I saw through the window has a lot more trees than I've seen so far. I still can't get over how green this country is.
Nor can I get over how much corn is grown - it's everywhere! I've yet to see a different crop being grown.
We're going up to somewhere on one of the Great Lakes on Wednesday. There's a big bridge there apparently (so I'll take lots of photos for you GDA!).
Going out to take photos around the farm shortly but I probably won't be able to post any till I get somewhere with wifi access. Dial-up only here so I'm a bit limited in what I can do, internet-wise. Oh well, I'm sure I'll manage, seasoned traveller that I am now. Hahaha!
The farm makes me feel like I've stepped back in time a bit. It's very pretty though and I'm loving the peace and quiet too - especially after the noise of Chicago.
Later....

No comments: