Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lazy days

Shirl has to work yesterday and today so that's given me a perfect opportunity to get over the travelling from Kansas-Chicago-Lansing. It's surprising how tiring it can be just sitting around on a train doing nothing :)
Spent yesterday just lazing around the farm. Such a pretty place! Took some photos and a few are posted on flickr. Didn't see any wildlife but did discover crops other than corn haha! Soy beans - probably Monsanto GM though so they don't really count ;)
Later in the evening Shirl let me drive her car down the road. On the wrong side. The actual driving was fine but I felt a bit strange having a door on my left side and the gear shift on my right. But I didn't mess up so it's all good. Met the neighbours (the wealthy neighbours!) who showed me around their huge garden. Ha, he has a toolshed that's bigger than most houses.
Today I'm sitting in a cafe somewhere in Lansing using their free wifi. Trying to find a flight to Boston that suits me and Shirl and Janet at the other end. Looks like I'll be in Boston for July 4th. Should be cool methinks.
Later....

3 comments:

Shirl said...

Remember!!!! No pictures of the weed patch! (and we're talking weeds, no euphemisms)

Julie said...

Ha, telling me I can't is guaranteed to make me.....

Shirl said...

paybacks can be heck!